Monday 6 April 2015

Short cuts

I’ve been working in a charity shop in Margate since February.  It’s quite busy but there’s enough downtime to think and I’ve been using the time to tap poetry into my phone.  I’ve been thinking that working in a charity shop is not enough to salve my conscience and I’m toying with the idea of joining the Red Cross first aid division, if they’ll have me.  The thought fills me with the fear of boredom.  Being stuck in a tent somewhere at some family event clock watching.  So it’s probably going to be toyed with for quite a bit longer but I think I need to get a busier in my life because having free time is slowing me down so much I can’t seem to do anything.  I know I’ve talked about this before but it really is a peculiar phenomenon that fascinates me.  Existence has been cleverly designed.  There are no short cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment